I hope you all had a fabulous (long) weekend. My friend and I drove up to the Ottawa Valley this weekend to Deep River (a place I’d be shocked if you’ve heard of) to check out a music festival, visit friends and spend a lot of time doing nothing. It was amazing. It was a pretty long drive, so music was key (and gummy bears, had to have gummy bears). I thought I’d share with you my favourite road trippin’ songs that kept us entertained on the 5+ hours drive. I’m going to break this into two – my favourite new ones and tomorrow, look for my favourite old school jams for the car ride.
1. Tove Lo – Stay High – This song is just so catchy, it’s also a pretty easy song to learn the lyrics, which is key for singing loudly in the car.
2. Rather Be – Clean Bandit – Another great song that creates some great shoulder dancing opportunities in the car.
3. Disclosure – Latch featuring Sam Smith – I absolutely love Sam Smith’s first single but it’s a little too sad for driving. This has a great beat and is a lot of fun.
4. Call Your Girlfriend – Robyn – So this song is bordering on old skool jams but I decided to keep it with this group because I really fell in love with it more recently (as well as dancing on my own). I didn’t include the official video for this one because this SNL comparison is hilarious. We may have listened to this way more than 5 times – with some dancing…
5. Fancy – Iggy Azalea – I’m growing a little tired of this song because it’s been on soooooo much but my friend absolutely loves it so I’ll include it for her. Plus, if it wasn’t played 100 times a day, it would be a great road trip song.
What songs do you love to hear when you’re on a road trip?